PEPPER CHICKEN (DRY)
½ kg chicken (pre-cut with bone or boneless)
3 tbsp of curd, Salt as per taste , ½ tsp pepper powder , ½ tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp poppy seeds
3 tsp desiccated coconut, 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 2 green chillies (slit lengthwise), 1 tbsp peppercorns (coarsely ground into a powder), Green coriander leaves for garnish, 1 tbsp ghee/butter/refined oil
For marinating – combine the chicken, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp pepper powder, ½ tsp red chilling powder and curd. Mix well and keep aside for half hour.
- In a heavy bottomed pan add the ghee. Once hot, reduce the flame to low add the poppy seeds, desiccated coconut and green chillies. Sauté for ½ min.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for 1 min.
- Add the chicken with marinade and mix well. Increase flame to high (as chicken will leave water) and let it simmer in an open pan for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and reduce the flame. Cook till done
- Mix in the coarsely ground pepper powder. Garnish with green coriander leaves.